Administrative Coordinator for the CLARIN-CH Consortium 50 %
The Zurich Center for Linguistics (LiZZ) aims at bringing together researchers from linguistics and adjacent fields in order to build and use tools and infrastructure and to represent linguistics interests. It is a founding member of the Swiss CLARIN consortium. CLARIN stands for "Common Language Resources and Technology Infrastructure" – it is a research infrastructure that was initiated from the vision that all digital language resources and tools from all over Europe and beyond are accessible through an online environment for the support of researchers in the humanities and social sciences (see https://www.clarin.eu).
1. Representation of CLARIN in Switzerland Jointly with the National Coordinator, he or she is the contact person at technical and administrative level for all national CLARIN issues.
2. Coordination of the scientific community The jobholder is responsible for the coordination of the CLARIN-CH Consortium, for example by monitoring and reporting on research and teaching activities relevant to CLARIN, by organising events or through various networking activities.
3. Promoting the objectives of CLARIN-EU He or she promotes the objectives of CLARIN in Switzerland through appropriate measures, in particular by the promotion of linguistic research infrastructures and tools within the interested scientific community. He or she also actively promotes CLARIN events and activities, and motivates Swiss researchers to participate in them. In addition, he or she initiates cooperation between Swiss projects and CLARIN initiatives. The jobholder also acts as a link between the Swiss CLARIN Centres and the DARIAH-CH Consortium.
4. Participation in international events and meetings of CLARIN Jointly with the National Coordinator, the holder of the position actively participates in international meetings and events of CLARIN.
5. Management of the administrative office He or she maintains the CLARIN-CH website and communication among member universities, runs the CLARIN-CH Consortium office, manages the finances and accounts of the Consortium and provides CLARIN with the required reports.
The successful applicant will have completed his or her studies in linguistics and hold a relevant doctorate. His/her academic and/or professional career documents a deepened experience and affinity with linguistic corpora, databases, tools, and research methods. He or she has a good knowledge of the linguistic community in Switzerland and ideally has access to an international network as well.
The development of CLARIN in Switzerland requires the successful applicant to show initiative, an ability to work independently, and an outgoing personality with excellent organisational skills (project management). The ideal candidate will also be able to communicate in Switzerland's national languages and in English, both orally and in writing. The applicant must be willing to travel in Switzerland and Europe. In addition to the usual and the specific (for linguistics) IT skills, specialised skills such as Magnolia and SAP. Applicants who do not already possess more specialised skills are expected to acquire them on the job.
What we offer
We offer varied and interesting work in an inspiring and socially relevant environment. Diversity and inclusion are important to us. The position is designed as a part-time mandate (50%). It is initially limited to December 2022 (with the possibility of extension). Find out more about: Working at UZH
Place of work
Start of employment
Start of employment: July 1, 2021 (or by arrangement).
The deadline for the application is May 20, 2021.
Please send your application as a single PDF file.